Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Batch Painting II Part 7....the first shields

After a long weekend of travel for Easter I'm finally back at my work desk and slinging paint around!  Also as the organizer of the Unit Painting Challenge on Bugman's I made the executive decision to extend the contest for another week...which is good because I'm hoping a few more shields appear soon!

So I know you have been waiting for an update...I know everyone is interested to see even more of these Bret Spears...seven posts on one unit doesn't seem excessive does it?  Well good...because there will be at least one more...;-)

Anyway...here we are...I've finished the painting of the figures...I got them varnished and did all the bases last night.  I also completed the 5 shields that I have and am ready to do the rest as soon as they arrive.  Here is what the completed figures with shields will look like

Unit Nickname: the "Red Stags"...or "Bleeding Harts" if you're a conservative...hehe

that leaves me with the banner to work on while I await the shields....off to search the web for ideas!

Cheers,

Blue


3 comments:

  1. These look great. I can't wait to see the whole unit together with banner unfurled: should be quite a sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Gareth I'm looking forward to seeing the unit intact, especially the banner...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting - they're really striking as a unit. My 8 year old self (who had a jigsaw explaining the rules of heraldry) seems to think that you need to have colours on metal (yellow or white aka gold & silver) or vice versa. I'm obviously quoting a distant memory from 23 years ago, so I'm happy to be corrected.

    ReplyDelete